The Flexi Stripper is an interesting concept from Denmark which follows on from the
more traditional stripping basket. It has no sides to hold the line in, rather it
uses soft, flexible spikes to keep loops on the line on the stripper. It solves many
of the problems associated with shooting heads and sinking lines and can take a lot
of frustration out of what should be an enjoyable day. It is an excellent way of
stopping your line getting tangled in the undergrowth when fishing from the bank
either on a river or stillwater.
What we liked about it.
- It doesn't fill up with water like a traditional basket does.
- You don't need to ensure the loops fall in to the basket, just that it is over
- It takes up very little space when being stored.
What we didn't like about it.
- The base is slightly on the small side. An increase in size would make it easier
to keep the line on the tray.
- When saltwater fishing waves can wash the line off the tray.
- The stripper does not come assembled when it arrives and you have to insert the