The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Solo croc hunt- Chew - Weds 25th May

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly -> Fly Fishing For Pike
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakefisher
3,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Solo croc hunt- Chew - Weds 25th May Reply with quote

With the days weather forcast for Chew being what I consider to be pike friendly - touch of wind and overcast all day I was looking forward to some successful croc hunting at Chew.

Talk in the Stoke Inn at breakfast was from 4 chaps who between them had 5 pike over 20 pounds the previous day Shock That knowledge certainly got my interest - They were out again today, how succesful, I know not.

I counted 10 boats arranged around Stratford, all fly piking - myself amoungst them. The icy cold wind was from a direction that I didn't rate - NorthWesterly, but it produced a good speed of drouged drift - the vis could have been better at around 4 feet.
Threw everything at them for only 2 takes all day - but both stuck and were virtually identical twins - both around 10 pounds and fit as the proverbial fiddle - chinned and unhooked at the side of the boat, one of them making a bloody mess of my fingers as I unhooked it - not the chinning hand - but the one holding the pliers Rolling Eyes Gave a massive lurch as the hook came free and helped hisself to a chunk of me. Embarassed Blood everywhere. Too complacent in not using a glove.
Good job my bag carries some aquasafe plasters

I asked both of them to send their Grandma - but twas not to be. Laughing Gave it best a tad early as the old bones were feeling the chill - suprisingly the water temperature was 16 degrees C

Couple of pics - One of the twins

and one of the fly that fooled him

Even flashabou gets a touch "fubared" when it gets clobbered ........ Tony Laughing
Liked by: blondie
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a message from John Horsey yesterday about the 20s that came out yesterday as I have been making enquiries about a day guiding with him on Chew Smile

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Zimfisherboy
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Pike eats troooot Reply with quote

Found some old photo's taken by a very old phone at Halliford mere some years back.

Zimfisherboy
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first a pike attacked and caught trout right in front of me with some commotion. Whilst I was watching a second pike came out of no where and took a long look at the situation and then attacked the trout whilst still being held by the first pike
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly -> Fly Fishing For Pike All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: