The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

The shoal

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly -> Fly Fishing For Pike
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakefisher
3,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: The shoal Reply with quote

Anticipating a visit to Chew next week with Alan(allrounder), I have been busy at the vice producing some small (4" to 6") roach and perch emulating Pike flies. Fashioned from Lureflash mobile, tied on a 5/0 Fulling Mill, half of the roach are in silver, and half utilise a pearl, gold and silver mix which gives a slightly subdued colour. Construction was my usual 3 bunches of flashabou technique where the longer side of the bunch, producing the tail is tied in then the shorter side of the bunch is folded back and tied in - repeat in the middle of the fly and again at the head utilising slightly thicker bunches as you work forward. Then slightly taper the produced "shoulders" with large scissors or kitchen shears. Eyes added using Evostik "Serious Glue" which dries clear and waterproof.

Particularly pleased with how the Perch have turned out. Fashioned from Green (upper body) and Yellow (belly) mobile with the back, stripes and fins added with Sharpie permanent markers

Very much looking forward to giving these a swim - and finding out what the Girls make of them - Hopefully they will become a BIG Girls dinner Cool

Tony Cool
Liked by: fossil-fish, Allrounder, blondie, Officer Clipboard
fossil-fish
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the perch.
Very Happy

https://en-gb.facebook.com/woodfordfly/
Allrounder

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shoal! Very Happy

I also like the Perch. The distinctive black stripes makes them one of my favourite patterns for pike. Cool

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello... from a safe distance! Smile
Officer Clipboard

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice flies Tony! Hope they work at Chew! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> General Fly -> Fly Fishing For Pike All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: