The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.thornwoodtroutfishery.com/

First visit to Bristol Reservoirs

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Bristol Water Reservoirs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onetricktrout

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: First visit to Bristol Reservoirs Reply with quote

Evening Fellow Fly boys and girls, this is my first post and refers to my first ever visit to fish the Bristol Reservoirs.

Arrived Monday mid-afternoon and managed to catch and return a couple from Chew, spent Tuesday and Wednesday morning on the North Shore at Blagden, sadly to no avail. Would just like to say how helpful and friendly everyone was I met, from the staff in the Blue Bowl Inn, the chap in the tackle shop at Chew, Toby the Bristol Water Ranger who towed me out of the mud at Blagden with his Land Rover, to all the anglers I spoke too and freely offered their advice.

Never easy to go somewhere new, but was made most welcome and I will return, hopefully sooner rather than later, I like a challenge, even if I come off second best!

All the best, Andy Very Happy
Liked by: Allrounder
Allrounder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to have you on board Andy, and I'm really pleased you had such a positive reception from everyone you met. Great to hear you had a few at Chew and only sorry that Blagdon decided to show you her difficult side. It happens to the best of us! Rolling Eyes Laughing

I hope you will visit the lakes again soon and don't forget to check out the 'Bristol Water Reservoirs 2018' thread for the latest catch reports etc. Very Happy

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello... from a safe distance! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Bristol Water Reservoirs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: