The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://fishskb.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=146

Black Bass in Italy

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Lure Fishing Discussion -> Lure Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Black Bass in Italy Reply with quote

I am currently fishing for Black Bass (aka LMB) in Italy.
It very hot with some mind boggling thunderstorms at night, the fishing is great fun but no real big ones yet(.the biggest below.)
Look out for the YouTube video and update on here when I return.
Fingers crossed the UK will still be functioning when I return Shock

Liked by: springwell, swampydick, BristolFlyer, Allrounder
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have not all been that big, although my best so far has been four plus pounds.
I have also discovered there is a red invasive crayfish in these local lakes, Google tells me they are an American red cray that was introduced into Spain and spread from there.
To date the the stick worm and curly tail are working .

Liked by: Allrounder
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am back from my trip to Italy for some Black Bass fishing, we enjoyed hot weather, sunshine and good fishing.
We fished a selection of lakes, two were commercial where we could hire a boat or pedalow the others were local waters that were ex sand pits dug out many years ago.
The local lakes were difficult to access due to the amount of foliage around the edges and the large weed beds close in but there were good fish lurking in them. If I lived in the area the kayak or float tube would be the way to go.
My lone bank fishing trips while Tony was sea fishing with his brother produced my biggest fish which was a four pounder.The best swims needed a lot of walking and fighting my way through the growth but I found areas to fish that had not been hammered by the locals.
In most cases the water was gin clear and deep going down forty foot in places and the bass, carp and other fish could be observed when looking down from the boat or a high position.
Most of my fishing was with the dropshot and casting and retrieving curly tail worms on weedless jig heads. It was a case of working out where the bass were in the water column and ajusting the fishing to match that.
Check out the video, most of the filming was while we were dropshotting, the second video which I will upload later was fishing with curly tails.
P

Link

Liked by: tenet
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Lure Fishing Discussion -> Lure Fishing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: