The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

dever springs 11/oct/08

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellbound
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: dever springs 11/oct/08 Reply with quote

was planing on fishing chalksprings but they were booked up again , il get there soon ,
got 2 dever at 8am paid for a 3fish ticket , £50 note this time . lot of ppl there waiting, look like it was going 2 be a bizzy day , by 9am most pegs were taken,
wich made stalking a bit hard and the fog wich made it even worse , but i had a walk , under a bush i found a fish , got my fly in its path , it bolted off , got me thinking smarter fish prob see flys b4 . on whent a size 16 hotbead hares ear , this was my patten 4 the day , the fish under the bush came back , out whent the fly , bang this time i had him , in the shallow water it went crazy , runing a long way down 2 the backing . cut in and out of ppl fishing , opps, after a long fite , and me sliping in , i got the net under him . 7lb 8 oz , new pb Smile i was happy ,
11am the sun was burning off the fog , made it a bit ezer 2 see . all so a shock there was big soding fish in this lake , i tryed and tryed after them had a few hook ups but lost so quick , by this tiime it was packed every one floging the water 2 foam , i moved down 2 lake 2 there was a bit mor space 2 wander found a big bow and 2 big blues , lost one of the blues , i nearly give up fishing at that point , but i carryed on few more casts 2 some nice fish , hooked up with a little crazy 5lber not the big one but with not many comeing out it was a bouns , had a rest from fishing , wen 2 see how my mate was geting on . he had one out 2 7lb
and not much els , nearing the end of the day had 2 wander spoted a lovery looking fish on whent that hares ear again , hooked it came out at just over 6lb good srap again , in all a good day pics as well

nice fishery
good serives
helpful staff
clean bogs
a nice day in all

chobson
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one wes...i take it the first and last pic is the stewing pond

http://www.anglingtrust.net/
Grey Hackle
7,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellbound

Looks as if you had a good day. How does Dever compare with Avington for you?

Very Happy
hellbound
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks gents , yes chobson that was the one of the scok pools they had a few about some with big dark shapes swiming about Smile

MA i did like dever a bit better than avington more fish of a better size , better all round , frond it harder 2 spot fish at dever i dont no if it was the bottom , or the water , but the water did look clear, it prob the time of year with weed diein back

There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Sussexflyfisher
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished Dever late Aug, had a cracking day, but to be truthful, I had more fun on the River next to the lakes! Several small browns, biggest a pound, and grayling, all on a little size 20 klink and four weight, excellent!
Grey Hackle
7,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sussex

I too have good fun fishing that bit of the Dever for the Browns and the Grayling!

Do they now charge extra for this?

Confused

Last edited by Grey Hackle on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sussexflyfisher
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it was all part of the ticket price MA, I don’t no where the rumour about charging extra for it came about?
Grey Hackle
7,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like watching those fish from the bridge on the main road!

Thanks for dispersing the rumour!

Cool
Sussexflyfisher
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those browns by the bridge were interested in, was something white, funny that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: