The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Bristol Water Reservoirs 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Bristol Water Reservoirs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drunkdiver
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulling then across the surface on a floater can be fun too!
drunkdiver
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are planning on killing all the fish in St Georges lake Bristol to stop people fishing it. If you feel this is wrong please sign and share the petition below. It already has over 2500 signatures!

https://www.change.org/p/bristol-city-council-stop-the-proposed-euthanasia-of-fish-in-bristol-s-st-george-s-park?recruiter=451967770&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
Liked by: Allrounder, blondie
arkle
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, so this is what George Ferguson's "Green Capital of the E.U." means. Even by killing all the fish in one go, will only mean they'll be back within a few years, by eggs traveling through the water system & attached to birds etc etc. What does he hope to achieve with this, a bicycle breeding pond ?
Hi there, I have around 40 yrs exp. of tying flies, incl. some semi-pro work. I've taught at adult evening classes, written for and supplied photos for most U.K. fly magazines. Given talks/slide shows/lectures/demonstrations etc. Am founder and life pres. of local Fly Dressers Guild (27years), our members have won more prizes for tying than any other similar club, we've also won several national flyfishing comps. I look forward to both learning from and contributing to this highly respected forum.
Liked by: drunkdiver, Allrounder
Allrounder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. Mad

Why stop there? If it is OK for Park owners to kill fish to stop anglers fishing where they shouldn't be in order to protect birds, then surely is is OK for fishery owners to kill Cormorants in places where they shouldn't be (they are sea birds) in order to protect fish on behalf of anglers fishing where they have every right to be? Confused

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello... from a safe distance! Smile
Liked by: blondie
Whistlekiller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about this recently although I was under the impression that fishing had been banned some time ago due to issues concerning anglers leaving rubbish lying about leading to wildfowl injuries and deaths. There was also some indications of fish disease which may have led the council to surmise that euthanasia for the fish population would prevent the possibility of disease being spread if the fish were re-homed.

I hate to see fish killed pointlessly but I'd like to get some more information before I sign anything.

SKB Web - SKB Fly Fishing
SKB Facebook - SKB Facebook
CFF Facebook - CFF Facebook

Last edited by Whistlekiller on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grey Hackle
7,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely if healthy they can be electro'd and transferred elsewhere.
Whistlekiller
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey Hackle wrote:
Surely if healthy they can be electro'd and transferred elsewhere.

Indeed, but it would appear that sadly this is not necessarily the case. If they get transferred (as is) and infect, or worse still wipe out, another water, the council would be held responsible. Like many things it's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

SKB Web - SKB Fly Fishing
SKB Facebook - SKB Facebook
CFF Facebook - CFF Facebook
arkle
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, the "Mayor" of Bristol, has a ONE TRACK MIND & if it has nothing to do with ANYTHING other than bicycle tracks, he's NOT interested. Only by being a resident or living near - as I do - are you able to try & appreciate what this "person" is doing to wreck our city in almost every way he can.

This "person" was supposed to have a "hot-line" to everybodies hero i.e. Mr.24% Dave Camoron after he was elected, was about his 1st promise to Bristolian's. It's been by far the BIGGEST MISTAKE that Bristol has EVER made in the last 100+ yrs. I gather that even D.C. ignores his calls. The sooner he go's & there's been a vote to throw him out, the better for everyone & every business in the area.
Hi there, I have around 40 yrs exp. of tying flies, incl. some semi-pro work. I've taught at adult evening classes, written for and supplied photos for most U.K. fly magazines. Given talks/slide shows/lectures/demonstrations etc. Am founder and life pres. of local Fly Dressers Guild (27years), our members have won more prizes for tying than any other similar club, we've also won several national flyfishing comps. I look forward to both learning from and contributing to this highly respected forum.
Liked by: blondie, drunkdiver, Mallard
RogB
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there arent any fish in the lake there wont be much to eat all the mosquito larvae. With a bit of global warming and a lack of frost over winter there will be hordes of mozzies. Then you could end up with a public health problem if any of those tropical diseases get going - like they get in New York City.
Liked by: Whistlekiller
Fryfishing
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A section 40 ( I Think) health check and if they are clear they can be moved, this is what we do at my fishing club when buying in or moving fish around.
Those Perch from Chew look good, I will be planning a trip for those, any recommendations on best time of year ( when the fry are shoaling no doubt)
Ff

https://youtube.com/channel/UCi3uvEhBwv-hz0eGtrNtQgw
JBelgium

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

September/ October time all around the jetties and sailing club
Allrounder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allrounder wrote:
On another point, it is worth having a look at the sale in Woodford Lodge if you are passing by. Although they usually charge the full RRP for their tackle, 20% off is not to be sneezed at.

Last day of the sale today at Woodford Lodge so I thought I would take my own advice. Glad I did because I picked up an Airflo Wavehopper inflatable vest for £111.99 which is well below anything I could find online. Very Happy

I was also told that they stocked the Tanks last Thursday so hopefully they will want to play next week. The weather is not looking particularly promising but hopefully it won't be like Chew was earlier today. The pic just doesn't do it justice ... Sad

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.

Limpet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenet wrote:
Got a result in that my application to join the Mallard syndicate (formerly Lower Moor) has been accepted so now I will be blessed to sneak the odd evenings as it is virtually on my dòorstep. Got to recover from ankle fusion first - total non weight bearing for 4-6 weeks which is somewhat tiresome but trust it will all be worthwhile Very Happy

If not to early then seasons greetings to all respondents and tight lines for next year?

Cheers

Doug

Have also fished Mallard for many years with my Dad who is a member but finally joining this year as well Doug, hope to meet you on the bank ; )

Happy Christmas all!

Andrew
codfather
100 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday's weather looks good for the meet. What are the water levels like?
Allrounder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mini social on the Tanks going to be a tough call ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6296587

Sunday looks like going to be wet and windy until early afternoon Sad

Monday looks like being overcast and windy but dry all day until 6pm Neutral

Tuesday looks like dry and windy with some sun until around 3pm Sad

The rest of the week looks like it will be windy with sunshine and showers Sad

The 'least worst' day at the moment seems to be Monday so any thoughts?

Alan Wink
B.A.S.S.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Bristol Water Reservoirs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: