The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

Corona virus

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Non Fishing Stuff -> CFF Breweries - The Turtle's Head
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakefisher
3,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Corona virus Reply with quote

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-14/elderly-to-be-quarantined-for-four-months-in-wartime-style-mobilisation-to-combat-coronavirus/

Well, being as I'm apparently "elderly" at 74 - that's certainly going to affect the start of my Pike Fly Fishing season at Chew Evil or Very Mad

and here's me just having renewed my Rod Licence Rolling Eyes

Sincerely hope the rest of you are still well

You may find the link below useful Wink
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/coronavirus-where-you-live-check-the-number-of-cases-in-your-area-with-our-interactive-map/

ATB to you all in these tough times ....... Tony
Liked by: blondie, Whistlekiller
tenet
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Corona virus Reply with quote

lakefisher wrote:
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-14/elderly-to-be-quarantined-for-four-months-in-wartime-style-mobilisation-to-combat-coronavirus/

Well, being as I'm apparently "elderly" at 74 - that's certainly going to affect the start of my Pike Fly Fishing season at Chew Evil or Very Mad

Sincerely hope the rest of you are still well

You may find the link below useful Wink
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/coronavirus-where-you-live-check-the-number-of-cases-in-your-area-with-our-interactive-map/

ATB to you all in these tough times ....... Tony

Snap Tony and to make matters worse I am due to travel to the Thurso in June for a weeks salmon fishing and have to pay the balance of the trip in early April. Difficult decision coming up. Crying or Very sad
blondie
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is worrying Tony and Doug:( If you want to get out and need some company before the Kerfew Tony,drop me an e-mail or call.Im home all next week.All the best.Steve Smile
Liked by: lakefisher
Andrew Moray
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Corona virus Reply with quote

Hi Tony

lakefisher wrote:

If it means you stay healthy, I'll reimburse you the cost *
Stay well my friend.

Tony

* as long as it's not an eye watering amount, there are limits, I am Scottish Wink
Andrew Moray
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

So, cough, and fever like symptoms suggest to me paracetamol, lemsip and whisky.
Why are people kicking each other to death for bog roll .... ?

All the best to you and yours folks,
Tony
lakefisher
3,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Corona virus Reply with quote

Andrew Moray wrote:
Hi Tony

lakefisher wrote:

If it means you stay healthy, I'll reimburse you the cost *
Stay well my friend.

Tony

* as long as it's not an eye watering amount, there are limits, I am Scottish Wink

Thank you very much for the thought Scottish Tony

Just my flippant way of trying to lighten a seriously lousy situation for everyone Rolling Eyes

Stay well Folks ............ T'other Tony Cool
Andrew Moray
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Corona virus Reply with quote

lakefisher wrote:
Just my flippant way of trying to lighten a seriously lousy situation for everyone Rolling Eyes

Ditto, no way I was paying for anything Wink

Might catch up on my reading list, well, make a bit of a dent in it at the very least.

Stay well Tony
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rather odd behaviour here in London, some people are locking themselves in and going out only for essentials and others are carrying on as normal as if there is no emergency orders.
We tend to walk to the shops and avoid public transport were possible but if I need to head back to Watford that is on the overground or train so fingers crossed if I do that.

All the pubs, restaurant and cafes and a lot of shops are closed so very little to do out of the house apart from a walk around the park.

Keep well and safe out there.
Peter
Liked by: tenet, lakefisher, blondie
Allrounder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say how things are going here because I haven't been out of the house since Friday. Also my wife once worked in a sterile environment packing items for the NHS so she is absolutely up to speed with guarding against spreading infection, handwashing regimes, not touching your face etc and using anti-bacterial gels and wipes. So am I now .... and I have the ear ache to prove it! Rolling Eyes Laughing

I understand that some are voluntarily cancelling their pre-booked boats on Blagdon and Chew for the next few months as they don't believe it is worth the risk. I also won't be taking out any boats until the situation become clearer but I will continue to fish from the bank taking the proper precautions drummed into me by my wife until the Government advice changes or BWF introduce bank fishing restrictions.

In the meantime I have been tying flies and after topping up my collection of Blobs, Boobies, Damsel Nymphs and Crunchers I am now facing the challenge of tying a presentable beard hackle on a Diawl Bach. Crying or Very sad

I still struggle to get this right! Embarassed Laughing

Alan
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello... from a safe distance! Smile
Liked by: blondie, lakefisher
lakefisher
3,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allrounder wrote:
I am now facing the challenge of tying a presentable beard hackle on a Diawl Bach. Crying or Very sad

Alan

Here you go Mate, Its the way I was taught to do them by "the inventor" at my old trout lake - Hint, length of hackle should be slightly more than distance to point of hook......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykj4jAwLYuw

PofP Wink ...... Tony Cool
Liked by: Allrounder, blondie, tenet
Allrounder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Cool Cool Cool

That looks so much easier than tying the hackle in last like I have been trying and often failing miserably to do. With a bit of luck even someone with 10 thumbs like me might make a decent job of it now! Many thanks, Tony! Very Happy

Will have plenty of time to practice now - all fishing on the Bristol reservoirs has been banned until further notice. Sad

Alan
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello... from a safe distance! Smile
Liked by: lakefisher, blondie
blondie
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i hope Tony,Alan and the rest of you guys stay safe,stay well, untill we meet and fish again together Cool
Swimbo is already doing my head in Rolling Eyes Laughing.I still love her to bits though Smile but do worry her about her with her low immune system after her Luekimea.
I don't have the patience to tie flies under 3/0 these days Shock.Just find those hackles ect too dam hard with my carrot fingers Embarassed
I was fortunate to buy a rod kit from Mick and sent my rods off for repair Embarassed before the shut down.So that's what I will be doing in and out of decorating,gardening ect Rolling Eyes .Bye for now and take care.Steve Wink
BristolFlyer
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lakefisher wrote:
Allrounder wrote:
I am now facing the challenge of tying a presentable beard hackle on a Diawl Bach. Crying or Very sad

Alan

Here you go Mate, Its the way I was taught to do them by "the inventor" at my old trout lake - Hint, length of hackle should be slightly more than distance to point of hook......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykj4jAwLYuw

PofP Wink ...... Tony Cool

12 years of tying at least 30 to 50 DBs a year and I have never thought of tying the beard that way. Revelation! Shock
Liked by: lakefisher, blondie
lakefisher
3,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very simple and effective technique that was shown to me many moons ago by the originator of the Diawl Bach - It can be utilised for ALL patterns that require beard hackles - along with even those that require 2 bunches of hackle that when completed, form "legs" - such as various Damsel Nymphs. Just tie in according to where the hackle legs need to finish up but 180degrees opposed. In the case of the Damsel nymph tie in either side of the hook and sweep them both back only after tying the rest of the fly Wink

Pleased to help you all out - giving you something to try in these difficult times.

Stay Safe Chaps ........ My very best wishes to all ........ Tony (Currently "shielded" with the help of a very good friend )
Liked by: blondie
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Non Fishing Stuff -> CFF Breweries - The Turtle's Head All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: