The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.sølvblank.no

Farmoor 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject: Farmoor 2021 Reply with quote

I wish I could start 2021 post with a lot of information re the new year and fishing prospects but there is not much out there to report.
It would be nice if any one who lives locally to Farmoor and is able to fish it could update those of us who are not able to travel there to fish.
The last update from the rangers was 11th Jan saying they are open under the current restrictions and bookings must be made in advance.

Meanwhile I came across this below on the A.T website, it reminds me of Barbara Cartland Very Happy
https://todaysflyfisher.com/powder_shellback/
tenet
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't understand TW reluctance to use social media, every now and again we see a brief Twitter message (last one I saw was Nov 2020) and apart apart from the message referenced above nothing. Would be interested to know what the stocking policy will be for the coming year. Any info anybody?..
Fryfishing
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a phone conversation with Benn at Farmoor and they are still open but as stated earlier it is book in advance.
Re stocking of fish, there were two lots of stock that went in before lockdown and the plan is to wait for the cold snap to finish and then there will be another couple of stockings.

Fingers crossed we should have some good fishing when we are allowed too travel again.
P
tenet
2,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great minds think alike - I too spoke to Ben yesterday afternoon and got similar story but wouldn't confirm numbers of fish going in.
wylye
500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll all depend on how many they think snuffed it during the hot water period last summer. They think not as many as 2019 but that's probably a guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Catch and Fishery Reports - All Disciplines -> CFF Members and Guides Catch Reports -> Fly Fishing Stillwaters Catch Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: