The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Bristol Water 07.... a new beginning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Bristol Water Reservoirs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondie
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well.the seasons over for another year on the bristol waters Crying or Very sad .i met up with allrounder at blagdon lodge at about 7 a.m.we then went to cheddar water and set up..conditions were not too bad.we even saw a couple of trout rise.we both started on intermediates,trying various flies but to no avail Rolling Eyes.alan suggested a move after a few hours fishing cheddar so we moved around to green lawn.we set up about 50 yards or so past the point.i had now put on a faster sinking intermediate.after an hour or so i managed to hook into a nice rainbow of 2lb+ on a orange zonker Very Happy .alan then lost a fish on a yellow booby Sad .conditions gradualy deteriated as time went by.ihad a couple of pulls and finaly hit into another fish.this time a nice brownie of over 3lb on a bead chain orange lure with a marabou tail.alan tried one of my zonkers but still could not by a bite Rolling Eyes .i had my 3rd and final trout(brownie again) on the orange lure around 2lb.trout had paid us a visit before going off to college he had a tug whilst there before leaving.we called it a day at about 3-30p.m.it was a very tiring day,hard going at times.i really felt for alan.it would of been great for him to have a few aswell.thanks for your company .today mate.a pleasure as allways.cheers for now.see you all at burton Wink .steve Smile
C.B
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Steve. A great end to the season Laughing

You certainly had the best of the weather in the morning yesterday.

Must get some Christmas shopping done before Burton in a few weeks.

See you all there.

C.B Wink
blondie
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers c.b Wink .it was a horrendous journey home on the bike Shock .im glad we packed up when we did.it certainly poured down.it was a great end of season for me.blagdon was very kind on this ocasion Smile .hope i can catch a few at burton this year after blanking last time Embarassed Laughing .cheers for now.steve Smile
DW
250 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done blondie!!!! What a star Laughing One of my ambitions for next year is a decent brownie from either Chew or Blagdon. The one in Alan's photo looks a beautiful fish! Aren't browns a pretty fish?
Never mind Alan, it's not often you don't pull the rabbit out of Blagdon's hat ! Wink
How are you CB ? See you at Burton soon.
I'm already looking forward to next season and spending a bit more time at both Blagdon and Chew ! Exclamation Exclamation
Hopefully with more help from people like Trout, Steve and Alan, I may have a bit more luck!
cheers lads
Koz
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full respect must go to all you boys who fish Blagdon and Chew regularly ! I'm still at a bloody loss whenever I go to either . No doubt I'll be up for a day or two next season Wink . Look forward to meeting up with you all at Burton Very Happy
Do Blagdon or Chew get much of a mayfly hatch ??

Luke

I salute the Captain ...
Allrounder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a mayfly hatch at Chew or Blagdon Koz, or at least I have never heard of one. The main insect life is buzzers, sedge, corixae, Blobs and Boobies! Laughing Laughing

We had a good turnout from the Forum on opening day at Chew back in March and it was a really good day too with limits and personal bests so it would be good to see everyone again next year.

In the meantime I'll try to post some random pics from the 2007 season at Chew and Blagdon later this weekend. Very Happy

Allrounder Wink
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello... from a safe distance! Smile
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can any of you guys help with this?
http://www.completefisher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56848

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
dipper
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done guys ,nice looking brown there blondie, I popped over around 10ish by which time you had moved on ,its been an entertaining year on the Bristol lakes ,role on next year ,cheers Geoff
blondie
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i certainly enjoyed my fishing this year on the bristol waters Smile .i did have a few blanks Rolling Eyes but also caught a few too :at least it got better after my opening day bath Embarassed Laughing .many thanks to all the guys ive fished with this season.along with there help and great company,it certainly made my fishing more pleasureable Wink .tight lines to everyone.see you all on opening day on chew next year.looking forward to seeing the pics alan.kind regards.steve Smile
Allrounder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an 'entertaining' season is a good description, Dipper. Not a classic by any means but overall I think it was a welcome return to form after the disastrous 2006 season. Just to round the thread off here are some of my favourite memories including many (but certainly not all) of the friends I've made through the Forum. Why not add your own pics for us to share?

Opening day at Chew and CBs face says it all! During 2006 we went literally weeks without even a pull and now C.B was into a fish within minutes of the airhorn sounding to start the 2007 season ... Laughing

Blondie lands his first fish of the season. I'm certainly no photographer but I was rather pleased with this shot. Very Happy

WCB with his best ever ressie rainbow - a 5lb 8oz cracker from Wick Green. Very Happy

OK, it's a trophy shot and a bit passe these days with C&R but it's not often I get a limit at Chew even on opening day. Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately this was a rare sight this year. Dump the pastie bashing C.B and return to your spiritual home ... Rolling Eyes

Not big but special because it was my first pike at Chew when deliberately fishing for them and it opened up a whole new world ... Very Happy

Those of us who fish with him know what a fine young angler Trout has become. This was a familiar sight at Blagdon this season ... Very Happy

I fished for pike from a boat for the first time and this was my rather anxious boat partner Lakefisher playing a 10lb 8oz pike. The fish was quickly weighed in the net and returned. Sadly I didn't take a picture of the fish. Sad

I put plenty of time in for a double figure pike from the shore but it wasn't to be. This was my best shot - a 8lb 9oz beauty in May. Very Happy

Another fine angler and a familiar sight during the back end this year. Dipper had this fish during the mini social at Blagdon in October ...

Another from the mini-social. Note Dippers lunker ... it weighed 7lb 5oz and was the best reported fish at Blagdon during October. Very Happy

Let's see some of your memories from the 2007 season on the Bristol reservoirs. Wink Very Happy

Allrounder Wink
B.A.S.S.

blondie
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some happy memories there alan.thanks for that mate.will see what i can find picture wise Wink .it was nice to finaly meet up with dipper this year and also d.w Smile .lets hope we can all meet up again for opening day and maybe a few more faces.c.b you must try to get out more next season mate.missed your companycheers for now.steve Smile
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice cap Dipper Very Happy

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
dipper
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sifting through all this years pics , heres a few of my favourites,its official Chris forum caps help you catch gert fish Very Happy

allrounder with his 6lb 5 ? ,lovely looking fish

A typical summers day at Blagdon

looking down the lake from butcombe ,and C.B into a fish at Peggs
,more to follow
Allrounder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics, Dipper Very Happy

That fish was 6lb 5oz and is personal best from a Ressie . Very Happy

Here are a couple more from 2007 ....

C.B showing us all how to do it on opening day at Chew

Me with a 4lb plus fish from Wick Green later the same day ...

The walking tackle shop that is WCB... Laughing

Allrounder Wink
B.A.S.S.

C.B
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic photos guys Laughing

Not only should I get out more next season but I should also take more photos!!

I'll make sure that I have my camera with me at Burton as well as the Sausages, bacon and mince pies Laughing

Really looking forwrd to the 21st Very Happy

C.B Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Bristol Water Reservoirs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47

Jump to: