The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.fishskb.co.uk

Bristol Water 07.... a new beginning
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Bristol Water Reservoirs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trout
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Bristol Water 07.... a new beginning Reply with quote

BRISTOL WATERS 2007

It gives me great pleasure to be the first person on the forum in 2007 to wet a line on chew (hopfully blagon and the barrows too)

CHEW - SEASON TICKET HOLDERS DAY

The horn sounded at 8 from the front of the lodge, as anglers grabed thier rods in anticipation, as they made thier first cast. The sun was shining, and the lake almost still.......

enough of this talk....

C.B wrote:

There were a good dozen Season ticket holder thrashing away on Woodford and having spoken to three of them the score was only 3 between them after 3 hours fishing.

Mum gladly woke up at 6:30 thismorning to take me along to woodford bank for 8:00am, for 30mins fishing before school. I'm glad to say in this 30mins i had one fish, and lost one fish. Two others caught in the 30mins i was there too, so i guess for the next two hours it went dead Confused

my fish was hooked on a green booby, tied by yours truely, so im glad they work! i was using an intermediated, the fish dont seem to be too deep, but let the line sink for 30 secs before a rolly polly retrieve or a brisk fiqure of 8.

I sadly leff woodford at 8:30am........................... with a smile on my face

I retured to the shore of woodfor at 4:00pm after school, in 2:30 i had 3 more fish, all falling to my brown or green booby!

the fish... 3lb 12oz (my new pb) at the top, and the smalest is 1lb 10oz

north shore fished well, even though they were casting in to wind. 5lb+ fish were caught..

not being piccy... but can we make our pictures small like mine please? so we dont have to scroll across to see the words. cheers
C.B
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Exclamation Excellent work Trout Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Happy to be the first to respond to your new thread Very Happy

The 3lb 12oz Rainbow looks like one of the lunkers pictured in Bob's stocking Pics.

Well done you.

Allrounder, Blondie, Dipper, WCB and I will be out there first thing on Thursday and let's hope we do as well as you.

Great start Mate
dipper
750 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice going Trout Very Happy, pretty darn good start to your season , good sized fish coming out too which is encouraging ,roll on Thursday ,
Dipper
Allrounder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, mate! Very Happy Very Happy

Not bad going for only 3 hours and I'm sure you would have got your limit if you had fished the whole day. Nice silver fish too and the biggie had certainly had its fair share of pellets. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Interesting to hear of 5lb fish coming from North Shore - I wonder if they were stockies or overwintered fish? The latter I suspect so it will be interesting to see if any more of those fabled 'thousands of fish' that weren't caught last season start turning up this year. Laughing

I thought the intermediate /booby/roly poly combination might do the trick but I also saw some large Black Buzzers when I picked my ticket up this morning so who knows?

Won't stop me dredging the lake bottom with the ultra fast sinker /booby combination though, at least to start with! Wink

Allrounder Wink
B.A.S.S.
Pike Fly Fishing Association

If you see me on the bank, say hello... from a safe distance! Smile
trout
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers guys Smile

a few fish came to floaters, but not many.
i dont think the fish are hard on the bottom either, but hey, i didnt try the bottom so there may wel be some there!!

one of my fish had bloodworm in it, and small black buzzer. there was a good hatch in the morning.

g
blondie
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done that man Wink .glad to hear it mate.you certainly done well considering the time you were there.well done on the newp.b.many thanks for the report.lets hope us oldies can keep up with you Laughing .cheers for now.steve Smile
Chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see some fish coming out from your part of the country. Hopefully it will carry on and make up for the disappointment of last season.

Fish SKB - The Very Best Fly Fishing Tackle and Fishing Flies
Casting At Shadows - New Zealand and Christmas Island DVDs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
KZ
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Trout!

Great to hear a positive start to the '07 season out west Smile

The bottom, slimmer, fish in your photo looks a real beauty - bet it gave the best scrap of all three hey?

Roll on next Weds at Bewl!
trout
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suprisingly not, the fight was in order of size. All 4 fish gave a good fight though

it took me a good 5 mins to get the larger fish in, it was going quite deep!
blondie
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tight lines to everyone for tomorow at chew Wink .see you in the morning Very Happy .cheers.steve
westcountryboy
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorting my fishing tackle now.

Only taking one fly box with me Shock

New leaders going on all y lines etc ect.

Looking forward to it.

See you all in the morning.

WCB Smile

http://devonschoolofflyfishing.com The BEST Fly fishing tuition guiding and lessons in Devon

http://funkyflytying.co.uk
trout
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is once report i can't wwait to see
C.B
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's the first part of it Trout.

Like an idiot I arrived at Nunnery at 4.00 a.m to be confronted by......................Noone Confused

Just when I was thinking I'd arrived far too early a car pulled up behind me and thank goodness it was Dipper, so we had a good old chinwag until Allrounder arrived at 5.00 a.m.

Two bacon rolls and a cup of coffee later saw the arrival of the 'portable fly fishing tackle show' none other than WCB Very Happy

He had enough gear with him to equip every member on the forum I reckon.

A quick drive round to Nunnery and we were just tackling up when the intrepid 'burble' of a Honda 125 signalled the arrival of Blondie Laughing

The rangers sounded the horn at exactly 7.00 and by four minutes past I had my first fish Shock

Jeez I thought better already than last year and I had only had two casts.

We were basically all fiahing Intermediates with a selection of 'Tupp's Boobies' and Tupp 's Blobs'

I left the the other guys at around 12.30 when our total was 11 fish between us. I'm sure by now though 4.00 p.m it's a different story.

Part II will be continued I'm sure by the others this evening plus some photos.

Although the 4 fish I had were all clean and weighed approx 1lb 12 2.00 2.12 3.00 thinking back they all came to the net very easily, I don't know what the others think.

It was a great morning and what better way to fish a Chew opening day than with a 'Mini- Social' Very Happy Very Happy

C .B Wink

To be continued......................................................
ChrisNicholls
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great start CB, long may it continue. Hard to beat a Tups Wink
blondie
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well what can i say Shock .what a start to the season Very Happy Crying or Very sad .i ended the day with one fish and an early bath!!! Shock Shock Crying or Very sad Laughing Embarassed .will let toby and allrounder tell you about that :wink:dipper had to go early and finished up on woodford bank(dont know how he finished up).the 3 of us ended up on wick green where toby and all rounder completed there limits in fine style with some cracking fish to over 5lb.pictures to come.my end of day ended in total embarresment Embarassed.will let the guys explain .pictures to come Laughing Laughing .cheers.steve Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Discussion -> Bristol Water Reservoirs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 1 of 47

Jump to: