The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index The Complete Fisher Forum
Social, Fly, Coarse and Sea Fishing with Fly Tying

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Referral CenterReferral Center    CalendarCalendar    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   ChatChat    Fisheries DatabaseFisheries   Donate    RSS Feed
http://www.completefisher.com/ad_rates.html

Hugh Fearnley Chickenstall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Non Fishing Stuff -> CFF Breweries - The Turtle's Head
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisNicholls
4,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicepix wrote:
One blot on the horizon is this Avian Flu epidemic.

Definitely a fly in the ointment that one, ironic that this weeks outbreak was in Dorset.
chobson
2,500 Post Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will be more aware when i/we actually purchase, i've always been aware of underlying issues but it takes a wake up call to act Shock

http://www.anglingtrust.net/
Nicepix
1,000 Post Club

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisNicholls wrote:
Nicepix wrote:
ChrisN,

Be careful what you wish for unless you are happy to shoot clays for the rest of your life. They have already had one go at pheasant rearing and this will give them new impetus.

Oddly enough the same sort of thing is happening there too. The thing they are concentrating on is the production of pheasant eggs using cage systems, similar in principle to battery hens, but nothing like as intense. The system was I believe pioneered in France and was starting to be used here too but people soon caught onto the fact that it was little better than battery farming and started to avoid it, a bit like some are now with the chicken thing. Game farmers are proudly advertising that they don't use cage systems for their laying birds and the BASC, the largest organisation for shooters has called for their use to be banned.

http://www.basc.org.uk/content/basc_calls_for_ban_on_bat

Different subject though and not relevant to this thread. Very Happy

I think this might be more than relevant. Those wanting to stop the breeding of pheasants were not solely arguing about intensive rearing. Their main aim was to stop the breeding of birds to be killed as sport. The issue became sidetracked into an intensive rearing argument and BASC were smart enough to offer a compromise to head off the threat. Those people who want pheasant shooting stopped have not gone away.

Look at the hunting bill. That was supposed to be about fox hunting yet hare coursing and otter hunting were banned too under the same legislation. Check out the smoking ban. A non-smoking employer is more likely to be prosecuted for not complying with the draconian legislation than a smoker having a crafty fag indoors is. Legislation has a habit of covering far more than the core principal.

If intensive chicken rearing is banned by legislation I would not be surprised to see other breeds of poultry covered by the same act.

Clive
Post new topic   Reply to topic       The Complete Fisher Forum Forum Index -> Non Fishing Stuff -> CFF Breweries - The Turtle's Head All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: